Members are: back row, left to right, Rep. John Bartlett, Sen. Greg Taylor, Rep. Earl Harris Jr., Rep. Greg Porter, Rep. Renee Pack, Rep. Ragen Hatcher, Sen. Lonnie Randolph, Sen. Eddie Melton. front row, left to right, Rep. Vanessa Summers, Rep. Cherrish Pryor, Rep. Robin Shackleford, Sen. Jean Breaux, Rep. Carolyn Jackson.
Indiana’s 15-member Black Legislative Caucus will hold a six-part town hall series in municipalities across the state, the group announced Friday.
It billed the events as opportunities for Hoosiers to learn more about legislation passed in the most recent session, which ended in April, and speak ahead of next year’s session.
Caucus members plan stops in:
- Indianapolis on June 3, 12-2 p.m. Eastern, at the Julia Carson Center (300 E. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive)
- South Bend on June 24, 12-2 p.m. Eastern, at IBEW 153 (56475 Peppermint Road)
- Evansville on July 8, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Central, at the Evansville-Vanderburgh County Library (200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd)
- Fort Wayne on July 29, 12-2 p.m. Eastern, at Purdue University Fort Wayne’s Walb Student Union Classic Ballroom (Union Circle Drive)
- Gary on August 5, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Central, at Indiana University Northwest’s Bergland Auditorium (3400 Broadway St.)
- Virtually via Zoom on August 9, 6-8 p.m. Eastern, at the following link.
The caucus includes 10 members of the House: Reps. John Bartlett, Earl Harris Jr., Ragen Hatcher, Carolyn Jackson, Renee Pack, Gregory W. Porter, Cherrish Pryor, Robin Shackleford, Vernon G. Smith and Vanessa Summers.
It also includes five members of the Senate: Sens. Jean Breaux, Andrea Hunley, Eddie Melton, Lonnie Randolph and Greg Taylor.
Note: This story has been updated to reflect location and scheduling changes for the South Bend and Evansville events.
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.